OVERALL Competition Rules
1. You must be registered with Nerdeo to enter the competition. This registration is FREE.
2. All members of your group must be added as collaborators to your Nerdeo project.
3. Make sure you have entered the competition by submitting all the information needed in the “Submit Entry” part of the competition website. 4. ENTRY MUST be on brief and include the designated amount of VFX. 5. The project must either be a new INDIE production started this year 2021 or the trailer for a project that has been in development for longer (since before Jan 2021) and is still in production. 6. NOTIFICATION: All entrants will be notified of their status once scoring is completed. Winning TRAILERS / FILMS will be shown at the VFX Festival 2022 and posted on both Nerdeo’s and our Partner’s social media and web site. ELIGIBILITY: a) Films / Trailers now have an extended time limit of 5 minutes. These changes were announced towards the end of the competition. c) All types of production companies are eligible including individuals, professional or amateur filmmakers, non-profits and educational institutions, public and private entities. d) Entered films may have already been shown in public before. SUBJECT MATTER: Please be guided by the categories indicated in this listing. The following content is prohibited: pornographic images and language, slanderous or libelous images and language, and any visual or verbal content that might be considered hate speech, racist, misogynist, overly violent, obscene or offensive. DEADLINE as announced elsewhere in this presentation. PRIZES: See above. Additional prizes may be offered subject to sponsorship commitments. Prizes cannot be exchanged for monetary compensation. COPYRIGHT: Filmmakers retain copyright to their film entries. PRODUCTION DATE: Entries may have been produced at any time. LEGAL: The filmmaker hereby grants Nerdeo (Nerds United VFX Ltd), Escape Studios, Autodesk, Wacom and their representatives the right to utilize a poster, trailer or clip excerpt from any film accepted for exhibition for promotional purposes. The filmmaker hereby warrants that it is authorized to submit the film for screening and that all participants’ images and voices have been released for publication and screening. Filmmaker further warrants that it has obtained all necessary permissions from off-screen participants involved in the submitted film(s) or video(s), including but not limited to owners and/or managers of property shown, technical crew, stylists, composers, musicians, performers, makeup and hair artists, sponsors, extras, editors, photographers, videographers and other staff. Filmmaker accepts all rules and regulations of the event. The filmmaker indemnifies and holds harmless Nerdeo (Nerds United VFX Ltd), Escape Studios, Autodesk, Wacom and their representatives from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses, including but not limited to attorney’s fees and court costs, which may be incurred as a result of any claim involving credits, copyright, trademark, press coverage, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening of the film(s) or video(s) submitted. STANDARD DISCLAIMER: Participation in any events produced by Nerdeo (Nerds United VFX Ltd), Escape Studios, Autodesk, Wacom and their representatives does not guarantee any specific volume of sales, specific number of attendees or presence of specific attendees or celebrities, or specific media coverage. Nerdeo (Nerds United VFX Ltd), Escape Studios, Autodesk, Wacom and their representatives and affiliates shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation losses, lost revenues, or lost profits that may result from participating in our events. We reserve the right to change venues for better or equivalent venues.
RAFFLE RULESNO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The Nerdeo Connect Competition (“Contest”) begins on October 21, 2020at 1:30pm CET 2021 and ends on February 2021 – final date TBC (the “Promotion Period”).
The sponsor of this Contest is Wacom(“Sponsor”). By participating in the Contest, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Nerdeo, Nerds United VFX Ltd, (the “Host”) is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Contest. Entrants should look solely to the host with any questions, comments or problems related to the Contest. Sponsor may be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org during the Promotion Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of United States, Latin America (excluding Venezuela) and Europe who are 18 years of age (the “Entrant”). Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors, and employees (the “Promotion Entities”), are ineligible to enter the Contest or win a prize.
Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law. One entry per person.
First prize: Wacom Intuos Pro
Second prize: Wacom Intuos Pro
Third prize: Wacom Intuos Pro
Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded. Gift cards and gift certificates are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items. This Contest is open to legal residents of ELIGIBLE LOCATIONS and Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within said locations. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.