– What is your job title and role in the industry?
I’m a director and editor.
– What projects have you worked on? What would be some of your most well known credits?
I directed the BAFTA-longlisted short The Riot Act, a thriller set during the London riots, and I’ve been Emmy nominated for editing Breaking2, a National Geographic documentary about Eliud Kipchoge trying to break the two hour marathon barrier. I’ve also worked on a lot of TV documentaries and commercials that people might have seen!
– Could you explain a little about your career journey in the VFX / film industry?
I started out making a short documentary in London all about raves for the deaf, and then ended up moving to Los Angeles where I got a masters in film and TV production from the University of Southern California. There I got connected to some amazing people and made some great friends, and started working with the production company Dirty Robber, helping to edit and then direct commercials and music videos. I was chosen by BAFTA to be one of their Brits to Watch in 2011, and since then have been directing and editing TV, films, commercials, and all sorts all over the world. In 2018 I was Emmy-nominated for editing and in 2019 I was long listed for a BAFTA for Best British Short for The Riot Act. I’m still based in LA and developing a feature and some documentary series I hope to bring to life soon!
– How long have you been in the film and TV industry?
I started out making my first short in 2008 so twelve years now – time flies!
– What has been the highlight of your career so far?
The highlight for me was making my short The Riot Act, it was a labor of love that took years from the writing to the funding to the making, and it felt amazing to bring all these talented people together to work on something that was only a far off dream before. I’ve spent a lot of time working on other people’s amazing projects, so it felt great to finally get to work on my own and collaborate with some great cast and crew to make it a reality.
– What’s on the horizon for you?I’m just working on a short film honouring some of the brave nurses and doctors who are fighting on the coronavirus front lines right now. And then I’m developing a couple of documentary series that will hopefully find a home somewhere soon, and pitching my feature. Fingers crossed!