- Subtitle Editor It can be used to create new subtitle files or edit existing subtitle files. Synchronization of subtitles with dialogues is very easy because the software generates, and displays, a waveform of the dialogues.
- Subtitle Workshop It supports over sixty subtitle formats. It even supports custom file formats defined by users. The user interface is very friendly. Some of the features include automatic text and timing adjustment, spell checking, FPS conversion, and smart line adjusting.
- Aegisub Advanced Subtitle Editor It supports translation in around thirty different languages. Aegisub Advanced Subtitle Editor offers cross-platform support, you may use it in Windows, Unix, and OS X. It is one of the advanced subtitle editing software available in the market today.
- WinSubMux You may create large subtitle images with WinSubMux. It features the easy conversion of subtitles to CVD/SVCD subtitles. Some of the other features include time shifting, saving the SUB file, and the modification of subtitle bitmap palette.
- SubEdit Player You can create a new subtitle file directly with SubEdit Player or import one to edit. You can change the appearance of the subtitles, such as the size, color, transparency, and so on with the editing tools available in the software.
- AHD Subtitles Maker Creating a subtitle file accurately without the script can be tricky. AHD Subtitles Maker lets you do it with ease. The software can be used to transmit text-based subtitle formats as a single file.
- DivXLand Media Subtitler Formats such as SAMI and Adobe Encore is supported by DivXLand Media Subtitler. You can create subtitle files from plain text files using this software. A few of the features include multi-language spell checking, instant preview, caption timing that is automatic, and so on.
Image credits – Pixabay If you are planning to give your independent film a global exposure, then subtitle is a feature that you cannot ignore. Mainstream movies give a lot of money to professional subtitling companies to create subtitles. However, this is not practical or possible for budget-constrained independent movies. Following are 7 software that are totally free that you may use to create subtitles for your indie film.